Cheremoya’s first ever Walk-a-thon is coming! On Thursday, May 4th, students, teachers and staff will come together for a day of music, fun, exercise and school spirit to help our school raise money to support Cheremoya’s art, p.e., garden, technology and GATE programs. LAUSD does not fund these programs.
HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD WE RAISE?
We want each student to raise $100 – help us reach our goal of $32,000! This fund raiser is designed for your child to reach out to family, friends, neighbors and extended family to help fund the programs that make Cheremoya an extra special place to learn and grow.
HOW WILL WE RAISE MONEY?
- Each student is given a sponsor form to track and collect their donations. [WALKathon2017sponsor]
- Donations can be made with cash, check made payable to Cheremoya Foundation or by credit card online at this link. ONLINE SPONSORSHIP
- Sponsor forms and money are due by May 1st to your child’s classroom. Don’t forget to ask sponsors to include your child’s name and teacher’s name when donating online!
- Assist your child in making a list of family and friends they could ask for sponsorships and encourage them to use their creativity to get pledges.
- All students will receive a custom designed t-shirt on the day of the event
- Students will also receive a raffle ticket for each sponsor: 1 SPONSOR = 1 RAFFLE TICKET – The prize raffle will take place on May 5th at the Friday morning assembly.
- Parents show your support by volunteering on the day of the event or by donating fresh oranges, apples or water bottles.
Want to volunteer at the event? Contact Walk-a-thon Chair — Rachel Harvey